Monday, April 18, 2011

Manslaughterer/Prison Break Actor Lane Garrison Speaks

Filed under: TV News > Legal Matters > Z List

lane garrison opens up about prison time and poor decisions

To recap, former Prison Break actor Lane Garrison killed one of his passengers in a 2006 DUI, and then spent 22 months in prison following a vehicular manslaughter conviction in 2007.

Last we heard from him back in Feb 2010, he was complaining about prison, and we did NOT feel sympathy for him.

Now, over a year later, Garrison has opened up once again about prison time and his VERY poor decisions.

Here's Garrison on his time in prison:

“You have to trust that one of these guys, when you close your eyes, isn’t just going to wake up in the middle of the night, pull you off your rack and beat you with a lock or stab you."

“If you speak to anyone who’s ever done time, the fact that you make it out of there alive is a miracle. It’s like a bomb went off inside; it’s your worst nightmare,. Your hardcore gang members are there, and the guards are pretty hard there as well. I probably saw about 300 fights; I had a bunkie who was killed; I saw people stabbed.”

And here's Garrison on his "guardian angel":

“I’d be sitting there on the yard and someone sitting right next to me would literally just get clocked and I was never touched. It’s by the grace of God that I’m sitting here with you today.”

Garrison on his poor decisions, and why he deserved to do time:

"[That night] was a night of bad decisions. I had two drinks, downed two shots…bottom line, I should’ve never been at that party; I should’ve never had drinks in my system; I should’ve never drove."

“I think for me I’d been through so much; I’d just lost both my parents, and I felt like, nothing else bad can happen. The message is simple here – with drinking and driving, most people don’t have an intent to hurt somebody, but it happens and it can happen to anybody.”

And here's Garrison on "manning up" for his mistake:

“I grew up learning from a father who said when you make a mistake or you make a bad decision, you man up and take responsibility. The minute I decided to plead guilty was the minute that everything changed in my life. Going through 8 prisons, I never thought I’d make it out to see another set. I’m fortunate enough to get a second chance when a young man doesn’t have one, so I’m going to make the most of it.”

While we can appreciate the fact that he's acknowledging his mistakes and learning from them, the fact is another human being died because of his extremely irresponsible behavior.

It should have NEVER happened in the first place.

What do U think of Lane Garrison's comments? Are U able to forgive him?

No comments:

Post a Comment