Monday, December 6, 2010

Drake Speaks to The SOurce About The Grammy's



“The one award that means most to me would be Best New Artist, based off the fact that it lets people know how early in our relationship we still are. It lets a fan know, because sometimes, even to me, the last two years feels like ten years, and Thank Me Later is really my first full length album. So Far Gone was really the first time the world got to hear from me, but it’s only really been two years and I’m really just a new artist and God willing if I can still find the creativity to have the inspiration to make music that moves people, I feel like I still have years to go. I think being in that category with such stiff competition is such a great time marker for me. It really even reminded me how young I am in this. With me and (Justin) Bieber, we are two artists that used two new forms of getting discovered. We were found on the internet in a way more independent fashion in a way people used to be discovered. We weren’t found in a showcase and signed to a label, we were discovered on a very grassroots ground level tool which now runs the world. We are internet first artists. To make it from playing an acoustic guitar in your living room, or to make it from 40’s apartment to the GRAMMYs , it’s one of the most inspiring things of our generation. “

No comments:

Post a Comment